- 5lb bag/package of fresh wings
- Franks Red Hot sauce (1 bottle)
- Hoisin Sauce (1 bottle)
- Soy Sauce (1 bottle)
- 1/2 Liter Ginger Ale
- BBQ Sauce (1-2 bottles)
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 1 bottle Dark Beer (Stout or Porter)
- Butter (1-2 sticks)
- Chipotle Chilis in Adobo Sauce
- 2 TBS Mild Chili Powder
- 2 TSP Ground Cumin
- 1 TSP Ground Cinnamon
- 1-2 TSP Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Can Sweet Tomatoes
- 2oz unsweetened chocolate
- 1 lime
- 1 bushel of fresh Cilantro
- 2 TBS of Sesame seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- Mild Oil (Peanut, Light Olive or Vegetable)
Wings! Who doesn’t like wings? OK maybe there are a few, but seriously, wings are a great snack for the big game, maybe not for handling a game controller but seriously they are tasty. And its not just buffalo wings anymore, its a huge mesh of flavors that will take you straight to flavor town! Well Quori has your hook up, lets get messy with a game time favorite!
- Baking Sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- Mixing Bowl(s)
- Large Mixing Spoon(s)
- Sauce pan(s)
- Take your FRESH Chicken wings, split them and cut off the tips.
- Salt & Pepper the wings to desired taste.
- If you plan to cook the wings on the grill, coat the wings in any mild oil (peanut, light olive or vegetable). Place on properly prepared grill and cook accordingly until done, about 20 minutes, 10 minutes on each side. Please note if the grill is very hot, the cooking time could be less. Skip to the sauces section.
- If you plan to cook in the oven, preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat the bottom area with oil (a thin layer is all you need).
- Coat the wings in flour and line them up on the sheet.
- Turn wings every 3-4 minutes until they are evenly cooked and golden brown, usually around 20 minutes.
*Adjust ingredients as necessary. Sauce amounts are for roughly 5 lbs of wings
Sweet & Sticky:
- In a sauce pan combine 1/2 liter of ginger ale, 1-2 bottles of BBQ sauce (depending on taste), feel free to use a spicy BBQ sauce to turn up the heat.
- Add in 2 cups brown sugar, 1 bottle of dark beer.
- Cook on medium to medium high heat until sauce is reduced to half, it should be thick.
- Season to taste.
- In a large mixing bowl pour the Franks Red Hot sauce.
- Melt 1-2 sticks of butter in a sauce pan, or via the microwave. Please note that the more butter you use the more mild the wings will be.
- Mix melted butter with hot sauce in mixing bowl.
- In a sauce pan combine chopped chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, 2 Tablespoons mild chili powder, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, cayenne pepper if desired, 1 can sweet tomatoes, 1-2 oz unsweetened chocolate.
- Mix well. Heat on medium to medium high heat until sauce is reduced to half. Sauce should appear thick.
- Season to taste
- In a mixing bowl combine equal parts of hoisin sauce and soy sauce.
- Add the juice of 1 lime.
- Chop up cilantro finely and add to the bowl.
- Add in sesame seeds to taste.
- Whisk to combine well.
- Sauce will be fairly thin.
Now, for the saucing….
- Split the wings up into separate bowls, based on whatever amount you want for each flavor.
- Spoon in enough sauce to coat the wings, and toss.
- Spoon additional amounts as needed. Plate and serve.
There is nothing left but scarfing, so get to it! Feel free to use some dipping sauces, ranch and bleu cheese of course are staples. Garnish with some carrot sticks and celery, or if you aren’t watching your figure french fries!
*Please note if you are reading this in a RSS reader, you will not be able to see the ingredients list